Saturday, December 1, 2007

Avalanche @ Sharks

Last nights game was a good effort, except for the 1st period. It just looked to me like the Avs spent most of the 1st scrambling to catch up. They came out for the second ready to play though, and that was good. Too many penalties on both sides, but Hejduk getting a shorty was nice. Giving up 2 PP goals wasn't. So the Avs lost to the Sharks 3-2. That last period was really exciting. It would have been nice if the first period had been as well.

Hannan being booed was disappointing. I mean, why? Did he badmouth San Jose? No, he just went to another team via free agency. What's so bad about that? Ok, he left. And so will most of the players on every team, they'll go to other teams. Why? Lots of reasons, more money, a better shot at the Stanley Cup, a desire to play on a team with a specific player... there are a lot of reasons. I'm sorry, but how many canadian born players do you know would turn down Joe Sakic when he calls them up and says "hey, you know, the Avalanche is a great organization that would love to have you."

I don't know, I just don't get the booing thing. I can understand booing a player if they did something like badmouth the town, the fans or the team on their way out the door. Or if they made a comment like "well I just go where the money is." Yeah, by all means, boo away. Hell, I'll boo right along with you. But to boo a player because he was traded or left via free agency... seriously, why?

No comments: