Sunday, September 30, 2007

Pre Season Hockey

The Avs finished their pre-season yesterday with another win. While these games have nothing to do with the regular season, and several of the players who competed in the games won't be playing in the regular season I do feel that the preseason has a way of setting the tone for the season. Going into the first regular season game on a run of games with no regulation losses can certainly give a team a boost of confidence. In their 6 pre-season games, the Avs had 4 wins, 1 OT loss and 1 SO loss. If this were the regular season they would have come away with 10 out of a possible 12 points. That's not bad. I think the Avs will have no problem keeping that kind of play going. There were more veterans in the lineup night after night than not.

The first regular season game is Wednesday night. I can't wait. I'll have to watch the later showing of the Top Chef finale, but I don't care. Hockey season is back! WOO HOO!

No comments: