Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Cooking: Beef Patties w/ Mushroom

I didn't write this down as I went, so I'll just give you the gist. Then you can take it and run with it, no? Ok, so last night I took some ground beef (about half a pound of the good lean stuff). Mixed it with some salt and pepper (and nothing else) and formed it into 4 little patties.

I put the patties in a skillet and gave them a good sear on both sides then I took em out and set them aside.

Then I put about a tablespoon of butter into the pan and started to sweat about 1/3 cup of diced onion. When they were nice and translucent I added 1 cup of sliced white mushrooms. I also added a dash of salt and pepper and some Mrs. Dash grilling seasoning (it was the chicken blend, but who's counting?). I covered that and let it cook on medium heat for about 7 minutes stirring often.

Then I reduced the heat to low and put the beef patties on top of the mushrooms and onions. Covered it again and left it for 10 minutes. It was mighty tasty and went well with mashed potatoes. My original plan was to make gravy, but halfway through I realized that I didn't have any flour.

No comments: