Monday, August 20, 2007

less than a month...

Until the Avs' pre-season starts. I can't wait. I love hockey season. I think the Avs will do well this season. Part of me hopes that they can manage to get Peter Forsberg back on the team this year. The other part of me thinks that it might mess up the team chemistry too much.

Then there's the series of "what if's." I love Peter Forsberg, with a passion, but I'd rather see him retire than put his body through something it can't go through anymore. It pains me to say that, but it's true. What if the Colorado Avalanche get Foppa back and he spends half of the season on the injured list? What if the magic that he has with some of the current Avalanche lineup is gone?

Then again, what if he goes to Detroit and plays his best season ever? Oh how that would anger Avalanche fans. They'd call for Giguere's head for not pursuing Foppa more stridently. Then again, if he DOES come to Colorado, and plays poorly... yeah, it's a double sword.

Bottom line, if Peter Forsberg is healthy enough to play in the NHL next season, I would love to see him back on the Avalanche bench.

No comments: