Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Movies: Halloween

I've seen a lot of horror films. I've been watching them as far back as I can remember. Let me put it this way, we used to go to the drive in theater all the time. I can remember cuddling up in the back of the truck between my mom and dad during a horror movie triple feature... and my mom was holding my baby sister. She was born in 1980, I was born in 1976. So I was watching horror films as far back as the tender age of 4 years old and loving every minute of it.

Halloween is one of the best horror films ever made, hands down. I watch it whenever I can. The beauty of Halloween is that it doesn't rely on a lot of blood and guts to get the terror across. The music (and sometimes silence) is far scarier than the gore. The scene where Tommy is looking out the window at the house across the street and sees Michael Myers standing by the house... that alone can give you a jolt of shock/fear/etc. It's a perfect film.

Now we have a remake coming out. This New Halloween movie being directed by Rob Zombie.
On one hand, how dare he mess with a classic like Halloween. On the other hand, Rob Zombie is a twisted individual and I like that about him. I'm very curious as to what his spin on the story will be. Frankly, I'm intrigued. I really want to see this movie... and I'm perplexed by that feeling.

No comments: