Friday, November 30, 2007

28 Weeks Later

So I watched this last night. I loved the first one (28 Days Later) so I figured "what the hell..." It was good. Very good. It starts out so calm and then just bursts with attack of the infected. It's a great opening.

This is where the spoilers start, so if you haven't read it and want to be surprised when you do... don't read on.

I loved the military angle, the very "state of marshall law" set up. I loved the "some people might be immune" twist. Of course, the someone who was immune was also carrying it and passed it on. It seemed to me, althought it wasn't discussed, that the virus may have mutated. Just seeing what the woman who was immune and carrying's husband did when she passed it on to him. It was like he had a goal. Kill my family. Brutally. He gouged out her eyes for pete's sake. That was pretty brutal to watch. This one is gorier. He also seemed to attempt to follow his kids when they were escaping. The impression I got from the 1st movie is that the virus made them mindless killers. "Dad" didn't seem like a mindless killer. Which made him scarier. The ending was left open for sequel, and I've heard that they're working on a 28 Months Later, which could be good. I just hope they don't try to do a 28 Years Later after that.

Did I mention that this one was gorier than the first?

No comments: