Saturday, November 17, 2007

Colorado @ Dallas

Oh man was that sad. It just wasn't there last night, seriously. This wasn't simply being out played... I love my Avs, but last night was an embarassment. That's not to say that there weren't good moments. A few good plays, a few good saves, a few good moments. But a win is not built on "a few good..." This is one of the reasons that I cannot stand long breaks during the season. Yeah, the break helps injuries heal and gives the players time to rest and be energetic for the next game. But I think that the rust factor is a bigger player in most 3+ days off stretches.

So the Avs lost 6-1 last night. It was heartbreaking, but not the end of the world I guess. They're still on top of the NW Division and doing pretty well. I just hope they bounce back from this atrocity with a vengeance.

No comments: