Sunday, November 4, 2007

Vancouver @ Avalanche

Well, it had to happen eventually. I just hoped that the Avs would hold out a few more before their first loss at home. It wasn't a bad game, the Canucks just had an easier time of figuring out Budaj than the Avs had figuring out Luongo. The non-marquee players did a good job for the Avs last night, and Svatos seems to be back in scoring mood, which is great. I've loved Svatos since his first season with the Avs, even though he only played a handful of games because of injuries. He just struck me as something special. I still think that he's something special on the ice, actually. My favorite players tend to be defensemen (Skrastins, for example) and grinders (like Laperriere), so a big scorer's gotta be pretty special to make me take enough notice and say "he's one of my favorite players." Svatos is that kind of special.

The Canucks won 4-3 last night. Disappointing that they couldn't extend the home wins streak farther, but I'm not overly disappointed by the game itself.

No comments: