Friday, October 12, 2007

Avalanche @ Blues

Oh but that was sad. Ok, not entirely sad. Legace has always played well against the Avs. And it was kind of nice to see Dan Hinote score 2 goals -- he's always been a favorite player (and a former Avalanche player).

However... First off, I think that Theodore should have been started tomorrow against the Blue Jackets, not tonight against the Blues. No doubt Budaj will get tomorrow's start. But he didn't start badly. Even that first goal he let in wasn't bad. He'd just made 2 saves, lost his balance and couldn't recover in time to stop that third shot. I'd like to know why Hannan was behind the net instead of in front of it when that happened, to be honest. I think he had good positioning in the game and good energy. Not as spectacular as I want him to be, or as I KNOW he can be, but still good, solid.

The Avs lost, but I don't think they played poorly until the 3rd period. Even then it didn't seem like they gave up. Again, Legace plays well against the Avs. He stood on his head and got the win for the Blues, that's all there is to it.

So the blues won the game 4-1, and Paul Stastny added another goal to his scoresheet for the season.

It was a good game though, I really enjoyed watching. Even if the Avs didn't win.

No comments: