Thursday, October 4, 2007

Avalanche @ Predators

*sigh*

First of all, I had to listen to the game instead of watching it. Which is fun and interesting in its own right, but I really have no idea if the Avs played really well and just couldn't solve Mason or if they were phoning it in. I can say that the Preds picking up 4 goals to the Avs goose egg was disappointing. I'm not sure why Quenneville opted to use the same goaltender in back to back games. Usually that only happens when the goalie in question is on a hot steak, and with only one game under their belts before tonight there was no hot streak -- goalie or otherwise.

On the radio, they discussed some of the line combinations and defensive pairings. I'm very curious as to why the Skrastins/Clark pairing was split up. They were one of the best pairs in the league last year for shutting down the oppositions biggest lines, hell I remember even the Versus and NBC announcers commenting on it. Don't get me wrong, I love Liles, and he and Skrastins make a fine defensive pairing, but... if it ain't broke, why the hell are you fixing it?

So the Avs win their first game 4-3 and lose their second 4-0, let us hope that this isn't a preview of the season to come.

No comments: