Saturday, October 13, 2007

Blue Jackets @ Avalanche

Ok, this game was much better than yesterday's game. Not just because the Avs won 5-1, but because the Avs were really solid and played a great game at both ends of the ice. Sakic got himself a hattrick tonight, which makes 2 hattricks for the Avs in 5 games. I can certainly live with that. The defense was good and solid tonight, the forwards were really on their game. I must admit that it wasn't until an announcer mentioned Sergei Federov taking a faceoff for Columbus in the 2nd period... I completely forgot Federov was playing with the Blue Jackets. That can't be good. Federov is such a notable player usually... he was damn quiet tonight. And I love watching Footer play, even though he's not an Av anymore.

I was really impressed with the Avs scoring and defensive play tonight. Budaj was really on and he played a fantastic game. Special teams were solid. Here's hoping the Avs play like that through the season.

No comments: