Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Flames @ Avalanche

Oh but I loved this game. Ok, it didn't start out great, but I have to admit that I wasn't worried. I don't worry until the team is down by 4 with only 5 left in the game -- then I worry. The Flames scored 4 goals between the first period and the first few minutes of the 2nd period. Budaj was pulled and Theodore went in to play the rest of the game. He looked good. He was fast, agile and his recovered from the Flames shots really nicely. The Avs scored 4 goals to tie the game -- some of them were some really bizarre bounces. As one of the announcers pointed out, you usually see one of those odd bounces once in every couple of games. The Avs got 3 in one game. It was weird, but I'm not complaining.

There were no goals in overtime, and it went to a shootout. The first Avs shootout of the season. The Avs won the shootout 2-1.

This was just the thing for Theodore, I think. He got to go in and save the game for the Avs. It was so great. So the final score was 5-4 Avs in the shoot out.

No comments: